Mechatronic Unit (MU) Repair for Volkswagen / AUDI 7-speed DSG Gearbox
Symptoms of Mechatronic Failure
- Gearbox Malfunction Warning Message
- Blinking “D” on Dashboard
- There’s a Pulsation when you engage Drive / Reverse Gear
- Unable to engage Gear when you engage Drive / Reverse Gear
- Jerky feel while driving upslope
Mechatronic Unit (MU) Repair for VW 7 speed DSG Gearbox
The most Fearful and most commonly discussed Topic of all among Volkswagen and Audi Car owners, is the GEARBOX issue.
This Gearbox problem has caused many Potentials VW & Audi buyers to stay away from these cars.
You will always hear people telling you “VW and Audi Gearbox will spoil easily, better stay away from VW or Audi”
If you go to the main dealer it can be quite heartache to resolve, especially when you’re out of Agent’s Warranty Period.
Most likely, you’ll be advised to replace the WHOLE Gearbox!!!
This is actually a misconception.
VW & Audi Gearbox is very tough and won’t be spoiled easily.
Mechatronic Unit (MU) is the main culprit, Repair / Replacement of the Mechatronic Unit along with DSG Gearbox Calibration will solve the problem.
Usually after replacement at a reliable workshop with good workmanship, you should be fine for at least another 80k Mileage, if you are really lucky, you will not face any issues till the end of your vehicle COE.
Symptoms of Mechatronic Failure:-
1. Gearbox Malfunction Warning Message
2. There’s a Pulsation when you engage Drive / Reverse Gear
3. Unable to engage Gear when you engage Drive / Reverse Gear
Commonly Affected Car models:-
- Scirocco 1.4A TSI 7-Speed DSG
- Jetta 1.4A TSI 7-Speed DSG
- Golf 1.4A TSI 7-Speed DSG
- Golf GTI
- Passat CC 1.8
- Touran 1.4 TSI 7-Speed DSG
- Beetle 1.2 TSI
- Audi A1 1.4A TFSI
- Audi A3 Sportback 1.4A TFSI
- Audi A5 2.0A TFSI
- Audi Q5 2.0A TFSI
- Audi TT
- Installation, Testing & Commissioning
- Product Warranty based on Date of Purchase